WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Anonymous Information. When you visit our sites, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged. This includes the server name and IP address through which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, the pages you access while visiting our site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. We use the browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve our website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about our website to advertisers, potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
- IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically. We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on). Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
You can visit and browse the gimMe Snacks Property without providing personal information about yourself. However, your choice not to provide personal information may impact your ability to participate in or use certain features of a gimMe Snacks Property. You may choose to voluntarily disclose personal information about yourself. Personal information is your name, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address. You may provide us with personal information in the following ways:
- Account Information. When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
- Promotional Emails. Through various gimMe Snacks Properties, you can request to receive promotional emails from us. We may also ask if you want to receive such promotional emails from us during a sweepstakes or promotion registration process or other features on a gimMe Snacks Property. If you want to receive our promotional emails, you will be asked to provide certain personal information and areas of interest so that we can fulfill your request. If you would like to stop receiving such promotional emails, please refer to the opt-out provisions within the email.
- Contact Us. If you contact us with a question or comment, we may ask for personal information, along with your feedback, so that we can properly address your concern.
- Online Store. If you choose to purchase our product through our online store, you will be required to provide certain information to process payment. Such information will be used, stored and processed by our third party provider
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information you provide us for purposes including to respond to your inquiries and requests, provide you with information on our products and services and those of third parties that we think may be of interest to you, and for own business purposes.
We may share your personal information with third parties for purposes including:
- Help us maintain and operate our website or for other reasons related to the operation of our own business or marketing.
- Ensure any registration process has been properly executed and, if necessary, verify your identity.
- Administer a sweepstakes, contest, joint promotion, or other partnership with a third party.
- Contact you with product updates or other promotional notices and information about gimMe Snacks and its affiliates.
- Provide relevant online content and advertising.
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions and to retain such requests as part of our consumer affairs database.
- Help prevent fraud or imminent harm and maintain the security and integrity of our systems.
- Monitor online communities.
- Aggregate non-personal information (including demographic) with third parties outside of gimMe Snacks for marketing purposes.
- Conduct market research and product development.
- Comply with legal process, including an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise required by law.
- Complete a corporate transaction. As our business develops, we may sell, buy, or transfer corporate assets, and in such transactions customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that our website, company, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, personal information may be one of the assets transferred in such acquisition.
GIMME SNACKS NOR THE WEBSITE PROVIDES MEDICAL ADVICE.
gimMe Snacks is not a medical organization and our staff, employees and/or representatives cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. The website is for consumer educational use only. Nothing contained in this website is or should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This website, including the material and any related services or information, does not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately.
- Choice/Opt-Out. To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please see the “Choice/Opt-Out” section of any email message or see the “Contact Us” section below. We will process your request as soon as commercially feasible. Please note that any request to “opt-out” may still result in us maintaining a copy of your personal information for archival purposes.